A legal information training for ESL teachers and settlement workers in schools across Ontario.
The workshops can cover the following issues identified by ESL students:
- Right to work: how to obtaining a work permit, labour regulations, etc
- Housing: landlord/tenant, homestay, etc.
- Immigration: renewing visas, regularizing, sponsorship, etc.
- Health: access to health, payment, IFHP/OHIP, etc.
- Volunteering: finding volunteer work, police checks, etc.
- Criminal law (Canadian law, fighting tickets, petty crimes, etc.
- Violence (experiences of abuse, child welfare, access to family law, etc.
- Discrimination (information for LGBTQ, fighting racism, discrimination, etc.
We can go to your location or you can join the trainings we provide at our office.
For more information please contact: Carolina Teves
Telephone: 416469 9754 ext 26