Increasing the number of orientation sessions in Toronto to help refugee claimants prepare for their hearings
We are excited to announce the increasing number of orientation sessions in Toronto to help refugee claimants prepare for their hearings. A Ready Tour is a refugee hearing orientation session and has become a key resource for unrepresented claimants. After the legal aids cuts we see an increasing number of participants with no legal representative.
- As you know Ready Tours are scheduled twice a month. However, due the increased number of registrations, the program will expand. Starting in August there will be one session per week depending on the demand.
- Besides the expansion, the session also will be facilitated in other languages depending on the participants needs. The first session is scheduled is in Spanish on August 30
- This is the calendar for the upcoming sessions:
August 30th pilot session in Spanish
For registrations just send the above information to email@example.com
- First name:
- Last name:
- E mail:
- Telephone number:
- Country of origin:
- Date of claim :(Month/Year)
- Hearing date :(Month/Day/Year)
- Do you have a legal representative?
- Who referred you to the Ready Tour, how did you learn about it?
- What do you want to learn during the Ready Tour?
- If you want to refer a group of participants from your agency, just fill out the following chart with the information and send it to me:
|First name||Last name||Country of origin||Refugee claim date||Refugee Hearing date||E mail
(this is optional if you want me to send confirmation directly to your clients
I am sending the current flyer we are using. I will send the new one as soon as it is ready.