FCJ Refugee Centre serves refugees and others at risk due to their immigration status, and welcomes anyone asking for advice, counsel and support regarding these issues. We welcome volunteers who are eager to support the work that FCJ Refugee Centre does. Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday from 9: am to 5:00 pm
During our orientation session you will learn about the programs and services that FCJ Refugee Centre have, you will be familiar with volunteer opportunities, sign up for an opening volunteer position and become part of an exceptional team.
The FCJ Refugee Centre depends on volunteers who help with all aspects of our work. The volunteers may be:
- former clients
- pro bono law students
- law students
- placement students from the colleges
- referrals from other agencies
Why become a volunteer?
• Be part of an exceptional team
• Support your community
• Get experience in the area of your expertise
• Strengthen your resume
• Opportunities to participate in workshops, conferences, training, etc.
• Expand your network of friends and contacts
Our new volunteer positions will be listed here.
Steps to become a volunteer
- Identify the volunteer position you are interested
- Fill out the VOLUNTEER FORM and submit it with your resume
- Participate in one of our volunteer information sessions
- Dates and time of our next session will be posted here
- Attend a training for the volunteer position you are applying
FCJ Refugee Centre strives to meet the diverse needs of uprooted people in communities across Ontario. FCJ Refugee Centre attempts to address the problems of poverty and lack of resources, isolation, and discrimination through community-based programs, which promote self-help, personal growth, community economic development and social justice.
Inspire, Empower, Grow
Read our latest stories of volunteers’ experiences at FCJ Refugee Centre.
The 8 months of my placement at FCJ has given new meaning to my existence. I came across different clients of all races and culture.
“I find my job at the FCJ Refugee Centre interesting as I interact with newcomers from different countries almost every day,” said Jo-Anne who just joined FCJ for a 6 week coop placement as a receptionist.