The FCJ Refugee Centre depends on volunteers who help with all aspects of our work. The volunteers may be:
- former clients
- pro bono law students
- law students
- placement students from the colleges
- referrals from other agencies
Why become a volunteer?
• Be part of an exceptional team
• Support your community
• Get experience in the area of your expertise
• Strengthen your resume
• Opportunities to participate in workshops, conferences, training, etc.
• Expand your network of friends and contacts
Steps to becoming an FCJ Refugee Centre Volunteer:
- Fill out the VOLUNTEER FORM and sent it with your resume to email@example.com
- Participate in our volunteer information sessions.
Next volunteer session
After you send your volunteer application, you will receive a notification about the next volunteer session.
Please send your volunteer form and resume to Carolina: firstname.lastname@example.org
FCJ Refugee Centre strives to meet the diverse needs of uprooted people in communities across Ontario. FCJ Refugee Centre attempts to address the problems of poverty and lack of resources, isolation, and discrimination through community-based programs, which promote self-help, personal growth, community economic development and social justice.
If you are interested in volunteer at FCJ Refugee Centre you are invited to submit your resume and your volunteer application with your information to Carolina Teves:
Inspire, Empower, Grow
Read our latest stories of volunteers’ experiences at FCJ Refugee Centre.
The 8 months of my placement at FCJ has given new meaning to my existence. I came across different clients of all races and culture.
“I find my job at the FCJ Refugee Centre interesting as I interact with newcomers from different countries almost every day,” said Jo-Anne who just joined FCJ for a 6 week coop placement as a receptionist.