- Volunteer opportunities
Steps to becoming an FCJ Refugee Centre Volunteer:
- Fill out the VOLUNTEER FORM and sent it with your resume to email@example.com
- Participate in our volunteer information sessions.
Next volunteer session
After you send your volunteer application, you will receive a notification about the next volunteer session.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2016
Translator and Interpreter Volunteer Opportunities
Start date: immediately
Language: Portuguese and Spanish
Location: 208 Oakwood Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
Volunteer Positions Available: 2
- Currently, we are in demand to Portuguese and Spanish interpreters on our two days clinic which Saturdays and Wednesdays, from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm or intake day on Thursdays mornings from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
The interpretation during the clinic schedule is 30 minutes per client, and the interpreter will translate to the nurse and the doctor during this more or less 30 minutes.
Other days of the week when interpretation is needed:
- Portuguese interpreter for our informative sessions on Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Portuguese ans Spanish interpreter on Thursdays mornings during from 9:30 to 11:30 am
This is a good opportunity to improve your experience as interpreter and to meet the community needs and gain their first positive experience in a Canadian setting. The volunteers will be working under the supervision of the coordinator of the clinic.
FCJ Refugee Centre strives to meet the diverse needs of uprooted people in communities across Ontario. FCJ Refugee Centre attempts to address the problems of poverty and lack of resources, isolation, and discrimination through community-based programs, which promote self-help, personal growth, community economic development and social justice.
If you are interested in volunteer at FCJ Refugee Centre you are invited to submit your resume and your volunteer application with your information to Carolina Teves:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN VOLUNTEER AT FCJ REFUGEE CENTRE!
The FCJ Refugee Centre depends on volunteers who help with all aspects of our work. The volunteers may be:
- former clients
- pro bono law students
- law students
- placement students from the colleges
- referrals from other agencies