- Refugee Hearing and Appeal Preparation (Ready Tour)
- Canada’s Refugee Process
Immigration and Refugee Protection
The Precarious Migrant Protection and Support Program allow us to offer timely and holistic case management and service provision for precarious migrant populations.
Thanks to the support of the Law Foundation’s Access to Justice Fund we are able to continue providing assistance to vulnerable communities.
- We welcome anyone asking for advice, counsel and support regarding immigration issues.
- New clients are welcome to come on Mondays from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- On Mondays you do not need to book appointments, it is a drop in intake day for new clients
- or you can contact us at: 416-469-9754
This component involves inland activities related to case work at every step of the refugee or immigration determination process
MIGRANT PROTECTION CLINICS
The MPC is a new program that allows FCJ Refugee Centre to implement migration and support clinics at various locations across the GTA and Ontario to offset the barriers, better equip a wide range of service providers and increase access to justice to a wide base of precarious migrant populations.
Thanks to the Law Foundation of Ontario, FCJ Refugee Centre’s staff is able to work directly with staff at partner organizations to schedule appointments, complete intakes and work on various applications associated with different migration processes.
This program is possible thanks to the support of the Law Foundation
Helping refugee claimants within Canada with every step of the refugee determination process:
1. Refugee process Orientation
2. Legal Aid application
3. Work permit
4. BOC: filling out Basis of Claim Form
5. Refugee Hearing Preparation
6. Referral to a Lawyer
7. Support in the refugee appeal process
8. Judicial review process
9. Pre-removal Risk Assessment, PRRA
Support through other immigration processes
1. Humanitarian and Compassionate Consideration Process: Guide for H&C application To download the guide click here
2. Conditional Permanent Residence
3. Permanent Residence application
4. Sponsorship Applications
5. Invitation Letter
6. Family reunification orientation
7. Criminal Justice Support
8. Extension Interim Federal Health
9. Obtaining identification
10. Passport application
11. Renew Permanent Residence Card
12. Translation of Documents
13. Travel Document
14. Visa extension
15. Work permit
Information gathering in other countries
- This area includes: information-gathering, delegations to other countries, collaborations with local NGOs. All activities are geared toward greater access and equity.