Employment Opportunity: Anti-Human Trafficking Youth Coordinator
Application deadline: August 6th, 2021
Salary and Hours: 37.5 hours weekly / 20$/hr
Start Date: immediately
(One year contract with a possibility for renewal and extension)
The AHT youth coordinator is tasked with developing and implementing the youth led programming, through an anti-human trafficking lens at the FCJ Refugee Centre. This work directly involves participation and coordination with the centre’s Youth Network, and the Youth Alliance Against Human Trafficking.
The FCJ Youth Network offers positive and inclusive space that works from an anti-oppressive, trauma informed intersectional framework and welcomes anyone regardless of aspect of their identity including their immigration status, race, gender identity, sexual identity, or language abilities. As a youth-led initiative, the group meets weekly to socialize, participate in workshops, and engage in discussions about issues which impact them. In addition to being a space migrant youth to connect with youth who share their lived experiences, the group also provide a platform for migrant youth to be leaders and advocate for their rights.
The Youth Alliance Against HT is a program which provides access to information, resources and wrap-around supports for youth at-risk of and in conditions of human trafficking, and implements a peer-to-peer approach in connecting individuals with lived experiences to inclusive and appropriate resources. The program conducts a youth-led preventative strategy in providing materials and hosting information sessions with the goal of increasing awareness about the intersectionality of youth and Human Trafficking, and increasing the capacity of service providers to support youth.
- Develop and lead the Youth Network, and the Youth Alliance Against Human Trafficking program.
- Provide interpersonal case management through appropriate individualized support, and access to information to vulnerable young precarious migrants, at-risk youth and young survivors of human trafficking.
- Provide ongoing case management with holistic approach connecting youth to specialized services, working on immigration applications, providing settlement services including access to education, housing and health and advocacy.
- Provide access to resources through information and guidance to program participants on their rights as migrant youth, as well as labour rights as they related to exploited youth, at-risk youth and youth survivors of human trafficking.
- Conduct outreach to partner organizations, youth service providers, schools, shelters and other spaces where youth are present about the Youth Alliance program and the FCJ Youth Network.
- Organize and facilitate bi-monthly steering committee meetings for the Youth Alliance program.
- Organize and facilitate weekly meetings for the FCJ Youth Network.
- Facilitate and develop youth social events, activities, outings, and informative workshops for the Youth Alliance program and the FCJ Youth Network. This includes facilitating workshops on Human Trafficking and its related themes, and hosting the weekly FCJ Youth Network meetings.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Collaborate with the Youth and Anti-Human trafficking teams in writing program tool-kits, reports (including program/service evaluations), and collaborate in the creation of advocacy letters, pamphlets, posters and other promotional material which contributes to advocacy work.
- Contribute to creating awareness and community building capacity through participating in meetings, representing FCJ in coalitions such CCR, TCHTN among others, and attending training for stake holder organizations and partners, informing on possible different types of issues which affect migrant youth (including human trafficking).
- Adhere to organization policies including confidentiality, reporting and anti-oppression.
- Second language capabilities required – fluency in French, Portuguese or Spanish.
Previous experience writing evaluations, reports and/or tool-kits is required.
- Experience in working with newcomer youth (immigrant, refugee, or non-status), and providing individual and group supports to marginalized youth.
- Knowledgeable about community resources.
- Strong youth engagement skills for program development and delivery is required.
- Experience working from an intersectional and anti-oppression based framework is required.
- Adept in public speaking with experience in facilitating workshops, meetings and information sessions.
- Knowledgeable in media production such as podcasts, videos, and technological expertise in Zoom, Go To Meeting and social media, considered an asset
- Lived experience with human trafficking and/or migration will be recognized.
Must be willing and able to work in a flexible environment, and collaborate with other program areas as needed.
- Must be able to adapt a flexible work arrangement which may include a combination of virtual remote work from home and work in office arrangements. This will be based on organization and program needs as determined by supervisor.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé by email by August 6th 2021 at 5:00 pm to Natasha Rollings: email@example.com. Please send it with the subject line: AHT Youth Coordinator Application.