FCJ Refugee Centre serves refugees and others at risk due to their immigration status, and welcomes anyone asking for advice, counsel and support regarding these issues. We welcome volunteers who are eager to support the work that FCJ Refugee Centre does. Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The FCJ Refugee Centre depends on volunteers who help with all aspects of our work. The volunteers may be:
- Former clients
- Pro bono law students
- Law students
- Placement students from the colleges
- Referrals from other agencies
Why become a volunteer?
- Be part of an exceptional team
- Support your community
- Get experience in the area of your expertise
- Strengthen your resume
- Opportunities to participate in workshops, conferences, training, etc.
- Expand your network of friends and contacts
Current volunteer positions
- English Teacher. Online. More information »
- General support with interpretation in Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish and French.
- Interpretation at orientations/workshops
- Translation of presentations/documents
- Youth and Access to Education
- Protection area: work permits
Apply to become a volunteer
To reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 the volunteer orientation sessions are now online. Please click here to know when it’s going to be the next online session.
If you are interested in volunteering with us please apply by filling out and sending the following form. We will contact you soon. Join us and make a difference!
FCJ Refugee Centre strives to meet the diverse needs of uprooted people in communities across Ontario. FCJ Refugee Centre attempts to address the problems of poverty and lack of resources, isolation, and discrimination through community-based programs, which promote self-help, personal growth, community economic development and social justice.
Inspire, Empower, Grow
Read our latest stories of volunteers’ experiences at FCJ Refugee Centre in our newsletters and social media.