Employment Opportunity: Case Management Coordinator
Application deadline: March 23rd, 2023
Full time position
Start date: immediately
FCJ Refugee Centre strives to meet the diverse needs of uprooted people in communities across Ontario and attempts to address the problems of poverty and lack of resources, isolation, and discrimination through community-based programs which promote self-help, personal growth, community economic development and social justice.
Case Management Coordinator, to work with an in-house Refugee Law and Immigration Lawyer. This contract will focus on supporting the in-house lawyer in expanding our remote services to small municipalities and rural areas across Canada to provide services to refugee claimants and vulnerable migrants who are do not have the resources to secure private representation and are ineligible for legal aid. The Case Management Coordinator will closely work with the In-House Lawyer and the Immigration Area team. As with all roles within the office, there are overarching responsibilities that apply including attendance to all staff and program specific meetings, following the policies of anti-oppression, confidentiality, the maintenance of accurate client records & files, and reporting.
- The successful applicant will be effectively working with the In-House Lawyer and Immigration and Protection Area to provide clients support on matters involving Basis of Claim, RAD Appeals, Deferral Request to CBSA, TRP, H&C applications for vulnerable refugee claimants and precarious migrants.
- Will be responsible for organizing appointments between in-house lawyer, clients, and FCJ staff.
- Will be responsible for storing client files and information to ensure confidentiality and transparency.
- Working with FCJ staff and in-house lawyer, to determine case priorities to ensure high risk cases receive the attention needed.
- Record and track team data for performance and resource development purposes.
- Monitor client data and trends.
- Provide support to in-house lawyer to provide information sessions to stakeholders and other community agencies.
- Background in Social Service Work, Social Work, Community Work, or previous case management working experience.
- Knowledge of Refugee Claim Process and other Immigration Applications
- Knowledge of Legal Aid requirements and processes
- Commitment to social justice issues and to working within a client-centered and trauma-informed framework.
- Strong research, writing, and advocacy skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with different teams and areas within the office.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a high volume and high stress environment.
- Additional fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minority, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé by email only (in word format) by March 23rd to: Alexandra Garcia via email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.