Employment Opportunity: Communication and Public Education Worker
Application deadline: March 23rd, 2023
Full time position (37.5 hrs per week)
Salary: 23.10 CAD hourly rate
Start date: immediately
FCJ Refugee Centre strives to meet the diverse needs of uprooted people in communities across Ontario and attempts to address the problems of poverty and lack of resources, isolation, and discrimination through community-based programs which promote self-help, personal growth, community economic development and social justice.
We are looking for a creative and passionate individual who can join our growing communications team. This roll involves the implementation of communication and public education initiatives such as trainings, webinars, videos, etc. The position provides an administrative support, assisting in a variety of tasks accordingly to the needs. As with all roles within the office, there are certain overarching responsibilities that apply to each stream of this role. These duties include the attention to case management, the attendance to all staff and program specific meetings, following the policies of anti-oppression, confidentiality, the maintenance of accurate client records & files, and reporting.
- Creating and maintaining a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Help in researching, writing and editing content for distribution including photos and videos.
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain community partners/stakeholders at local and national levels.
- Organize online educational workshops for professionals working within the settlement, and integration sector.
- Track educational and media projects as well as update databases and media lists.
- Perform administrative functions such as preparing minutes, monitoring deliverables, preparing presentations, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Assistance, help and support for any other needs of the Communication and Networking department, and/or any other department of the FCJ Refugee Centre.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Additional fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated skills in working with new immigrants from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, Media, Marketing, Public Relations and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong initiative and can work with minimum supervision.
- Expertise in multimedia production, like video edition, photography and graphic design.
- Must be able to adapt to a hybrid schedule.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minority, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé by email only (in word format) by March 23rd to: Alexandra Garcia via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.